Knowing how to dress for an occasion is an essential skill every man must learn. Unfortunately, so many guys fall into the trap of dressing to impress without matching their accessories to their outfits.
It’s a fact: if you’re wearing a field watch with a tuxedo, you’re not dressed well. Plain and simple.
As ever, it’s my job to keep you guys looking sharp. So in today’s article, I’m breaking out some must-own men’s accessories for black tie, casual weekends, and everything in between.
We’ll be covering:
- Black Tie Accessories
- Business-Formal Accessories
- Business-Casual Accessories
- Casual Accessories
- BONUS: Accessories For All Occasions
#1. Black Tie Accessories
Black tie events are more formal than formal, so you’ve got to bring your A-game to accessorize your tux.
Bright color, shiny metal, and stand-out patterns won’t cut it when an event calls for elegant and classic menswear. If you don’t know, the term ‘black tie’ was coined in Britain at the end of the 19th Century to describe the most formal clothing a man can wear without putting on a top hat and tails.
You need to carefully consider your choice of accessories when dealing with this level of formality. One wrong move, and you’ll ruin your formal style.
For black-tie events, you can’t go wrong with the following accessories:
- Black Leather Dress Watch: Put away your chronograph; it’s no good here. Black-tie events call for what we call a ‘dress watch.’ In short, a watch with a black leather strap, a VERY minimal casing of silver or gold, and a plain white watch face.
- Silver Or Gold Cufflinks: Black-tie usually calls for a french cuff shirt. As such, cufflinks are an essential part of a black-tie wardrobe. Opt for either plain silver or gold or a gemstone cufflink. Either is okay – just don’t use those Superman cufflinks you got for father’s day!
- A Black Bow Tie: The literal definition of ‘black tie.’ A black bow tie is an essential part of a man’s formal wardrobe – no other style should be worn with a dinner jacket or full tuxedo! Wear a plain black bowtie with a wing-collar dress shirt – it’s a timeless formal combo that will never go out of style.
This article is sponsored by Harry’s – creators of high-quality, long-lasting men’s razor blades and durable weighted handles. They make a close, comfortable shave quick and enjoyable.
Harry’s insists that you shouldn’t have to choose between a great shave and a fair price, so they give you both. It’s an easy decision – after all, refill blades start as low as 2 bucks!
What’s better? New Harry’s customers get their Starter Set – which includes a five-blade razor, weighted handle, foaming shave gel with aloe, and a travel cover – for just $3!
Click here and head over to Harry’s to get their Starter Set for just $3. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
#2. Business Formal Accessories
With black tie out of the way, let’s take things down a bit and look at the fashionable men’s accessories you can pull off in the office.
‘Business Formal’ is a pretty self-explanatory term – it defines workwear that is formal in appearance and professional in its message. Guys who work in big city offices will know exactly what I mean – think Don Draper or Harvey Specter.
Compared to black tie, business formal is far more forgiving when it comes to men’s accessories. While traditional business attire still restricts your choice of fashionable men’s accessories, there’s undoubtedly more choice for things like watch styles and tie designs.
For the most part, the previously mentioned black-tie accessories can also work for business formal. However, when wearing a black bowtie, this can come across as too ‘dressy’ for an office environment.
To achieve peak business formal style, try out these accessories:
- Dive/Chronograph Timepiece: Both watch styles are acceptable in traditional business environments. I encourage every man to purchase a great-looking Dive watch AND Chronograph to wear to work. It shows good taste, style and can often be a sign of success (after all, Rolex doesn’t make cheap watches!)
- Patterned Neckties: When dressing in a suit, it’s easy to look plain and unexciting. In a business-formal setting, there’s no reason you can’t add some vibrancy to your outfit with a bright, patterned necktie. Be it stripes, polka dots, or paisley, you can make one heck of a statement with a carefully styled statement tie.
- Patterned Pocket Squares: Similar to the patterned necktie, a patterned pocket square is all about making a statement. Some guys match their pocket square to their tie; some use it to contrast their tie. Either way, a patterned pocket square says, ‘Yes, I’m a professional, but I’m also a man of great taste.’
- Precious Metal Tie Clip: Nothing says timeless style like a tie clip made from silver, gold, or platinum. Like how women wear diamonds on their rings, ears, and necklaces, a man can splash out on a bit of bling by purchasing a luxury tie pin. It adds the perfect ‘final touch’ to an outfit and will set you apart from the pack.
#3. Business Casual Accessories
Business casual (or smart casual) is becoming more and more popular in today’s workplace. In many cities, wearing a formal suit and tie to work can make you look out of place in an office where slacks and sports jackets reign supreme.
Business casual is a godsend for those who want to wear different fashionable men’s accessories to work. It’s arguably the most versatile formality level on this list, as you can take elements from both ends of the formality spectrum and still look well put together.
All of the accessories mentioned above can be worn as part of a business casual outfit! That’s right, even the bow tie – just make sure to pick a funky pattern and bright color to make it more of a statement piece.
Those looking to accessorize their business casual outfits should consider investing in the following items:
- Nato Watch Straps: The perfect way to reduce the formality of a chronograph/dive watch. If possible, swap your professional timepiece’s metal or leather strap with a fabric Nato strap. It’s a great way to inject a bit of casual charm into an otherwise formal watch style. Nato straps come in all sorts of colors and cost only a few dollars, so why not buy a different one for every day of the week?
- Patterned, Short Sleeve Shirts: A statement shirt can be a perfect addition to any man’s business casual wardrobe. In an office environment where ties aren’t the norm, creating an impact with a short-sleeve patterned shirt is a great way to show your individuality while still suiting up. Wear with chinos and a blazer for a more casual office look, or even a full suit and sneakers. The choice is yours!
- White Dress Sneakers: The best thing about business casual is the ability to wear sneakers to work – talk about comfort! However, you can’t just wear any sneakers with your workwear. Opt for leather, minimalist dress sneakers at the office – preferably white without big logos or patterns.
#4. Casual Accessories
Finally, we have your everyday accessories – the ones you’d wear at the weekend or when taking your kids to the park. Nothing too expensive and no stand-out pieces; casual accessories are all about being laid back and dressed down.
The biggest benefit of a casual dress code is the lack of expectation from others. While this doesn’t mean you should just throw caution to the wind and wear sweatpants, it does mean that most casual clothing items and fashionable men’s accessories are fair game.
- Field Watch: The field watch is a timeless accessory that men have worn for years. They’re rugged in appearance and often feature a fabric/Nato strap. These watches aren’t about being flashy or high-class; they’re about the practicalities of everyday life. Originally used during WW1, field watches are designed to tell the time and survive the trenches – nothing more, nothing less.
- Digital Watch: Like the field watch, digital watches are a great option for guys who enjoy the outdoors but need a watch that will last. Casio and G-Shock manufacture versatile and hard-wearing digital timepieces for the outgoing man. They don’t look great, but you can be confident they will withstand anything your kids can throw at you … literally!
- Bracelets: Realistically, you can only wear braces when dressing in casual clothes. They don’t suit the work environment and look out of place with a suit. However, there’s no reason you can’t pull off a leather bracelet at the weekend! With bracelets, I always think less is more. A classy woven leather bracelet looks far better than one that resembles the belt around your waist.
#5. Bonus: Accessories For Any Occasions
There are some accessories that a man just can’t live without – regardless of formality and lifestyle.
Not all of these items are worn on the body, but they all play a significant role in preparing a man for his day and keeping his A1 style up to scratch. I like to call these the unsung heroes of men’s style – they work behind the scenes to create a solid foundation for any man’s stylish wardrobe.
No man can be stylish without owning:
- Quality Hair Products: Every hairstyle needs some kind of product to keep it looking clean and well presented. Men have been using products in their hair for hundreds of years, and in the 21st Century, we’ve got more choices than ever before. Check out my guide on hair products to discover which is best for you.
- A Reliable Shaving Razor: Whether you opt for a multi-blade cartridge razor or the ol’ reliable safety razor, every man on the planet needs to invest in a quality razor for shaving his face. To present yourself as well put together and styled, shaving every few days is essential to maintain either a clean-shaven look or a well-groomed beard.
- Natural Skincare Products: To maintain a handsome and breakout-free complexion, every man must create a consistent skincare routine of natural skincare products. Why natural? Simple – it’s all about avoiding harmful chemicals and fragrance agents. To look younger for longer, find a quality skincare brand that suits your skin’s needs, and stick with it! When it comes to skincare – consistency is key!
So you’ve started to figure out the difference between formal and informal fashionable men’s accessories – but there’s always more to learn. Click here to discover my list of formal and casual men’s leather shoes.
The post Formal And Fashionable Men’s Accessories (Black Tie To Casual Attire) appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: Formal And Fashionable Men’s Accessories (Black Tie To Casual Attire)
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/fashionable-mens-accessories/
Published Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:59:00 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…
How to wear your watch correctly
As much as you won’t like hearing this, you’re probably wearing your watch wrong.
It’s not your fault; you may have never been taught how to wear a watch properly. After all, there is more than one way to wear a watch.
But how do you know which way is the right way?
Don’t worry, gents; as always, I’ve got you covered. I’m here with the best way to wear your favorite timepiece properly and look as stylish as ever.
In today’s article, I’ll be covering:
- Origins Of The Wrist Watch
- What Wrist Do You Wear A Watch On?
- Should You Wear Your Watch Facing Inward Or Outward?
- The Stylish Way To Wear A Watch
#1 Origins Of The Wrist Watch
When it comes to wearing a watch correctly, it’s important to note why the wristwatch came about in the first place.
Dating back to the 1800s, the first watches modified to be worn on the wrist were primarily worn by women as accessories. One of the earliest was created by Patek Philippe as a fashion accessory.
At the start of the 20th century, watchmakers became intrigued about using a wrist-worn timepiece for men in the military. They believed it would help them tell time quickly while on the battlefield.
Watchmakers started modifying pocket watches to fit on a bracelet worn on the wrist. Men would not wear the first iteration of the modern wristwatch until well into the 20th century.
Then developed as a ‘trench watch’ for military use, the earliest wrist watches offered something the pocket watch didn’t have – convenience.
After the wristwatch became less of a fashion accessory and more of a functional tool, watchmakers would spend the next century modifying them into the modern wristwatches we enjoy today.
#2 What Wrist Do You Wear A Watch On?
The age-old question: what wrist to wear a watch on? The answer – it depends.
The reason it depends is that since the creation of the wristwatch, men have mostly worn their watch on their non-dominant wrist. And since most people are right-handed, you would wear your watch on your left wrist.
But this isn’t always the correct answer. You may want to wear your watch on the right wrist if you are left-handed. But you may also want to wear it on your dominant hand.
So how do you know for sure?
The most significant benefit of wearing your watch on your non-dominant hand is that you can quickly put the watch on and navigate the dial more efficiently than with your non-dominant hand.
Wearing your watch on your non-dominant hand is less likely to damage the watch as you tend to do more with your dominant hand. If you were to wear it on your dominant hand, you’re more likely to scratch or ding the watch than on your non-dominant hand.
So the rule of thumb here is to wear your watch on your non-dominant hand for the best way to navigate and protect your watch.
#3 Should You Wear Your Watch Facing Inward Or Outward?
The next question is, why would a man wear his watch facing inward on his wrist instead of outward?
This trend is seen primarily in individuals who need to check their watch frequently and in the most efficient way possible. Among the many reasons you should wear a watch, one of the most common is to support you in your profession.
You will see men in the military do this, as it’s easier and prevents sun glare better than when it’s on the outside of the wrist. It also offers faster convenience to other tools on the watch in addition to the time.
Another reason you may want to wear your watch facing inward is that it can help protect your watch from scratches and dings. Again, this is just a preference.
But you’re a stylish guy looking for the best way to wear his watch. What should you do?
The answer here is to wear it facing outward, as that is the most common way to wear a wristwatch. It shows off your timepiece that you love while also still being functional.
Unless you’re in a profession where you need to check your watch quickly while managing other tasks, the best way is to have your watch facing outward. After all, you probably didn’t spend money on that beautiful timepiece to hide its character.
#4 The Stylish Way To Wear A Watch
Now it’s time to find out exactly how to wear a watch in the most stylish way a guy can.
Assuming you’ve selected the right size watch for your wrist, the first thing you want to do is figure out if you’ll be wearing your watch on your right or left wrist.
As mentioned above, traditionally, the watch is worn on your non-dominant wrist. So if you’re right-handed, this means wearing your watch on your left wrist. For left-handed guys, this means your right wrist.
After you figure that out, it’s quite easy. The first thing you want to do is locate your wrist bone.
You want to wear your watch face up just above your wrist bone. If done correctly, your watch should slightly peek out from under the cuffs of your shirt when wearing long sleeves.
Next, you want to tighten the strap so it’s loose enough to be comfortable. You don’t want it so loose it can spin freely around your wrist. You also don’t want it too tight, or it will feel uncomfortable, especially when you bend your wrist.
After doing this correctly, you’ll be wearing a watch in the most stylish way possible.
There you have it, gents.
Now you no longer have to worry about wearing your watch incorrectly.
There is more than one way to wear a watch, so find what’s most comfortable for you personally, and rock your favorite timepiece accordingly.
If you want to take your watch knowledge to the next level, check out this article I wrote about the difference between quartz and mechanical watches.
The post How To Wear A Watch The Right Way appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: How To Wear A Watch The Right Way
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/wear-watch-right-way/
Published Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:19:42 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Preparation (Buy Now and Get $$$)
We’ve all been there – fall comes around, and you open your closet only to find you have nothing but polos and shorts.
So what’s a stylish guy to do? Pay a premium to build an entire fall wardrobe last minute? Sure, if you’re loaded. But not every guy is that lucky!
Don’t worry; as ever, I’ve got you covered. In today’s article, I’ll show you how to get the best bang for your buck when building your fall capsule wardrobe.
We’ll be covering:
- What Are The Advantages Of A Capsule Wardrobe?
- How Do You Build A Fall Capsule Wardrobe?
- Where Can You Find Deals On Fall Clothing?
- What Are The Best Fall Capsule Wardrobe Essentials?
#1 What Are The Advantages Of A Capsule Wardrobe?
One of the most common headaches guys run into in their closet is having too many clothing options to choose from but not enough of the right options.
While more options aren’t bad, they can be overwhelming, especially when you rarely wear most items. This is where building a capsule wardrobe comes into play.
A capsule wardrobe is a limited selection of clothing items that complement each other. This means you can buy a smaller selection of items and create a larger number of outfits.
This is crucial to understand because most guys don’t have an unlimited budget for buying clothes. A capsule wardrobe allows you to purchase and use items frequently with little redundancy.
But where do you start in building your fall capsule wardrobe?
#2 How Do You Build A Fall Capsule Wardrobe?
After you have put together the perfect capsule wardrobe, you can start to add a few fall-specific items. This is done by adding a few staple pieces that complement what you already have.
For most, fall offers mild temperatures mixed with slightly warmer temperatures.
This means that layering will be of the utmost importance because you may leave the house needing a jacket, but it might be warm enough by midday to sport only the t-shirt underneath.
Start with the basics when building your fall capsule wardrobe and add pieces accordingly.
Keep It Simple
Fall is primetime for layering, so you only need a few outer layers and should focus more on the innermost layers.
You want to make sure that interchangeability is at the top of your list when it comes to your wardrobe. Everything should complement each other for ease of use.
With that said, having a few staples and adding additional items as you change seasons is essential.
For this reason, ensure you have the following items in your fall capsule wardrobe:
- A dark three-piece suit
- A light-colored tweed blazer
- A leather bomber or biker jacket
- An overcoat (dark or light)
- A formal button-up shirt (white)
- 2 casual button-up shirts (flannel or chambray, you choose)
- 2 sweaters (1 shawl, 1 crew neck)
- 2 t-shirts (1 white, 1 black,)
- 2 pairs of Jeans (1 dark, 1 light)
- 2 pairs of slacks/chinos (1 dark, 1 light)
- 2 belts (1 black, 1 brown)
- 1 pair of black dress shoes
- 1 pair of brown oxfords (leather or suede, you decide)
- 1 pair of sneakers (plain white or brown)
- 1 pair of military boots (black or brown)
When it comes to accessories like watches, scarves, or gloves, you can use what you have as most men won’t need all of them, so I won’t count them in.
#3 Where Can You Find Deals On Fall Clothing?
As it is the middle of summer, fall will be approaching quickly.
Now is a great time to snag up some of last year’s sale items at department stores as they usually have sales on previous season items. By now, most men aren’t thinking about what to wear in the fall.
While you still might be able to find good deals on last year’s fall items, it’s usually the most optimal time to purchase these items after the season has ended. This is when retailers try hard to clear space and make room for the next season’s clothing.
When they do this, it is a great time to get excellent deals on items that have just gone out of season.
Another great option to buy men’s clothing is online at your favorite retailers, as they will often have sales and discounts on items they have in their online inventory but are not yet in prime season.
The most expensive items in your fall capsule wardrobe are the ones you want to focus on, as you can often save a significant amount of money out of season for them.
These big ticket items include:
- Your dark three-piece suit and blazer
- Overcoats and jackets
- Dress shoes and sneakers
These items will be some of the most expensive items and can be found discounted out of season. Put these at the forefront of your fall capsule wardrobe search.
#4 What Are The Best Fall Capsule Wardrobe Essentials?
You want to adhere to a few staples when building your fall capsule wardrobe.
Since fall weather can vary, layering will be essential. These few items are crucial as mainstays that can be layered with other items within your wardrobe.
For example, if you experience a rather chilly day in fall and need to wear a suit, an overcoat is essential as that outermost layer because you can simply remove it when you no longer need it.
When it comes to the concept of layering within your fall capsule wardrobe, you want to make sure you nail these following items.
Having a good overcoat to complement your fall capsule wardrobe is crucial.
The overcoat acts as the outermost layer and will be removed whenever you go indoors. This makes for a great option as you can wear it with anything as it offers excellent versatility.
When searching for the perfect overcoat, it’s essential to know your size as they usually come in sizes of suit jackets, not regular sizing. After you’ve nailed the size, focus on color.
Dark-colored overcoats tend to be the most versatile. However, a light camel color can work as well. Stay away from patterns with overcoats as the goal is to be as versatile as possible.
A good leather jacket goes a long way. You can choose a leather biker jacket or a leather bomber; it’s your call.
Biker jackets can be slightly harder to pull off as most of the time, they will have a larger and more aggressive collar, but they still look great.
A leather bomber jacket is an excellent option because it looks great on all body types and often has more options than biker jackets.
For color, opt for black or dark brown, as that gives you the most versatility with other items in your fall capsule wardrobe.
Sweaters are to fall, what t-shirts are for summer. This means they are a critical piece as they are season specific and offer great versatility when it comes to layering.
So how do you find the perfect sweater?
You want options, so have a couple of different collar choices to give yourself the most bang for your buck.
Having a shawl neck sweater and a crew neck sweater ensures you have all your bases covered.
Make sure you choose neutral tones such as greys, creams, and tans for color. This ensures maximum versatility with other items within your wardrobe and gives you the most options.
That’s it, gents.
To learn more about how versatile this concept of capsule wardrobes can be, check out how I turned 16 pieces of clothing into 256 outfits.
The post Preparing Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe (Buy Now And Save $$$) appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: Preparing Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe (Buy Now And Save $$$)
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/fall-capsule-wardrobe/
Published Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:59:00 +0000
The Best Zara Fragrances
We all know of Zara and I’m pretty sure the majority of us own at least one piece from them, but I’m not here to talk about their reasonably priced clothing, I’m here for their fragrance.
Not quite a hidden gem but I don’t feel that they vast range and high quality fragrance that they create is given enough air time, I’m about to change that. The fragrance game is massive at the moment, everyone from the big fashion houses all the way to footballers have a scent on the market and they all carry a hefty price tag, with some of the bigger hitters asking in excess of
£100 for 50ml.
Zara clearly understand the need for a great fragrance but also appreciate not everything has to be overly expensive. I’ve been lucky enough to sample my fair share over the years and wanted to share with you what I feel are some of their strongest.
Tobacco Collective 100ml – £16.99
This is one of my absolute favourites, it works perfectly as an everyday scent. The initial smell is strong and masculine but with undertones of vanilla bourbon help to soften it slightly.
For Him 100ml – £22.99
My current daily spray, its warm, modern and intense. It just so happens to be the perfect blend of three of my favourite scents, bergamot, cardamom and sandalwood. It’s strong yet light, never over powering and leaves a wonderful trail.
Florence 100ml – £16.24
Summer calls for a fresh fragrance and I cannot recommend this highly enough, its light, fresh and citrus scent is perfectly for those warmer days. Notes of black pepper, strawberry and guaiac wood allow this scent to sit gently on the skin with offending the noses of those around you.
Written by Tom Loughran
The post The Best Of Zara Fragrances first appeared on Mens Fashion Magazine.
Title: The Best Of Zara Fragrances
Sourced From: www.mensfashionmagazine.com/the-best-of-zara-fragrances
Published Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 09:57:00 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…
Fashion2 years ago
Steampunk Clothing & Jewelry
Trending Stories2 years ago
Dior Homme Cologne Men’s Fragrance Review
Sports2 years ago
Best Christmas Gift For Your Golfer Co-Worker
Fashion2 years ago
Best Timepieces To Buy For The Holiday Season
Fashion6 months ago
Julian Schneyder Relaxes with Man About Town
Motor2 years ago
2022 Infiniti QX55 Carigami Can Be Yours
Baller Awards9 months ago
Dave Chappelle’s camp releases statement after on-stage attack as he cooperates with police
Outdoors6 months ago
California Fishing Season. All You Have to Know