Ever see an image of an AMAZING outfit?
Then try to replicate it?
Gather each piece…
Try it on..
Look in the mirror…and say?
This looks nothing like the picture…
Chances are, you don’t have the same body type as the guy in the photo.
And also, you know…there’s photoshop.
The truth is…
We’re not all built the same.
Don’t worry though. You can still look great!
This article is going to teach you how to dress for your body type.
Before we get started there are a couple housekeeping rules.
- Your body type and shape should always take preference over fashion trends.
- Know your tailor on a first name basis. You should trust them like your best friend.
- Dress for the body you have NOW…don’t put off wardrobe improvements for that 2-year diet plan you’ve been working on.
Learn to emphasize the best aspects of your build and divert attention away from your undesirable features. Let’s get into it.
Body Shape #1 For Men – TRIANGLE
Most men are predisposed to being larger around the waist and hips in relation to the top part of their bodies, especially as they get older. This creates a natural triangular shape with the base at the waist and the tip at the face.
Having a triangular body shape does not mean you are in bad shape but it presents a challenge in finding clothes that make your entire body appear proportional. Most men’s clothing is designed with the opposite effect in mind – broad on top and narrower at the waist.
Creating balance and shape with your clothes is a key consideration for you.
Clothing For Men With Triangular Body Shape:
- Tailored patterned blazers: Wear checked blazers and fitted waistcoats with solid trousers. The mix of prints and solid colors will create the illusion of shape and take the focus away from the larger waist.
- Vertical stripes: This pattern creates a streamlined effect that elongates and slims down the upper body. Horizontal stripes are preferred only if they are visible from the chest upward.
- Jackets with structured shoulders: Slouchy shoulders on jackets (bomber jackets, for instance) will exaggerate your already sloping shoulder line. Structured shoulders (on a topcoat for instance), square off your frame.
- Single-breasted suits: Double-breasted jackets add bulk to the waist. Single-breasted jackets allow for a more relaxed and slimming fit. Get your jackets tailored for a structured fit on the top but with extra room around the waist.
- Brighter color panels: Patterns and detailing across the chest and shoulders help to broaden the narrow upper torso. Wear jumpers and crew neck tees with color panels across the chest but a slimming darker color like gray, navy or black around the mid-section.
Clothing To Avoid For Men With Triangular Body Shape:
- Fitted polo shirts and roll necks: Both these styles tend to make the neck and shoulders appear slender while accentuating any roundness in the waist.
- Brighter colors and busy prints: Bold and bright patterns will draw attention to your triangular shaped torso. Work them into your outfit as accents in the form of pocket squares, glasses, socks, and trainers. Bold belts will only draw attention to your the width of your waist.
- Skinny fits and extreme tapers: Narrowing trousers draw the eye of an observer to the center of your body. Swap them for wide and straight leg fits that add proportion to your silhouette.
Body Shape #2 For Men – INVERTED TRIANGLE
The shape of this body type is a big triangle with the base at the shoulders and the point at the belly button.
Your well-developed chest and shoulders are significantly broader in comparison to your waist and hips. You probably spend hours at the gym every week working up an enviable muscle pump. Hectic training sessions in the gym result in accentuated shoulders and thighs, and a narrow waist.
Since most manufacturers cater to men who are out of shape, buying clothes off the rack can be challenging for this body type.
Clothing For Men With Inverted Triangular Body Shape:
Your goal should be to show off your toned and fit body.
Wear close-fitting clothes that reduce visual clutter and emphasize the clean, sharp lines of your torso. Add bulk to your trim midriff and lower body while balancing the proportions of your well-developed upper body.
- Horizontal stripes: Especially from the chest down, to broaden your comparatively narrow waist.
- Slim-fit shirts: You can wear shirts to show off your incredibly fit body but remember to size up. You want to hint subtly at your fitness, not scream it by wearing figure-hugging costumes.
- Slim cotton polo shirt: With a spandex mix will allow stretch across a broad set of shoulders and chest while creating a tailored look around the waist.
- Regular V-neck T-shirts: The collar shape has a narrowing influence on your chest and draws the eye down and away from the broadest part of your torso. Stay away from plunging V-neck t-shirts.
- Straight-leg trousers and jeans: Skinny jeans will accentuate your chicken legs. Slim fit pants will do just fine. Wearing patterned pants, camo shorts or checked trousers distracts from your comparatively broad upper body.
- Trousers with larger seat drop: Athletes have the common problem of finding pants that are roomy around the groin area. Look for a larger drop measurement between the waistband and the crotch seam.
- Jackets: Slim-fit jackets that follow the natural line of your silhouette, with a bigger difference between the width of the torso and the width of the waist.
Clothing To Avoid For Men With Inverted Triangular Body Shape:
- Structured tailoring: Suit jackets and blazers with shoulder padding and wide especially peak lapels will emphasize your heavy upper body. Unstructured silhouettes work better in streamlining your frame.
- Prints, patterns and scoop necklines: Any kind of detailing, especially around the shoulders will focus attention on your wide frame and throw your body out of proportion.
Finding a good tailor is an indispensable part of building a stylish wardrobe for this body type.
Body Shape #3 For Men – RECTANGLE
Men with a rectangular body shape usually have a tall and thin frame. Their shoulders are roughly the same width as their waist and hips.
Clothing For Men With Rectangular Body Shape:
Use clothing to widen the shoulders and add the effect of a subtle taper from your top down. You’ll need to create an illusion of structure.
Creating a nipped-in silhouette across the middle of the body is both key and easy to achieve,
- Horizontal stripes: Especially across your upper torso (short and long-sleeved Breton tees), as they’ll add width to your slight frame.
- Structured tailoring: Once you’ve found structured blazers and suit jackets that add size to your shoulders, have your tailor take them in slightly at the back to emphasize your waist.
- Layered looks: A button-down shirt and fine-gauge crew neck jumper is a no-fail pairing that’ll add instant bulk to your frame.
- Scarves: A neatly tied or draped scarf is an easy way to add a point of difference to your look, as well as flesh out your upper torso.
- Prints, color pops, and detailing: Pops of brighter colors up top or details like epaulets will expand the dimensions of your otherwise slim frame.
Clothing To Avoid For Men With Rectangular Body Shape:
- Double-breasted jackets: Unsurprisingly, tailoring cut in the shape of a rectangle does little to nothing for the rectangle-shaped body. Try a single-breasted style with plenty of structure in the shoulders instead.
For tailoring, make sure you opt for single-breasted styles. When off-duty, create shape by contrasting layers such as a shirt or a cardigan over a crisp white T-shirt or vest to create an extended V-shaped panel on the upper section of your body.
Body Shape #4 For Men – OVAL
In a bigger guy, the center of the torso is wider than the shoulders and hips. The rest of the build tends to reflect this as well, with shorter, broader limbs that widen at their midpoints.
Oval-shaped men want clothes that do a bit of slimming and framing.
Clothing For Men With Oval Body Shape:
Keep it simple and dark. Solid colors are always good.
- Trousers: The trouser waist should always be comfortably loose, never belted so tight that it pinches and wrinkles.
- Suspenders: Suspenders (“braces” in the UK) are your best friend. Wear them whenever you get the opportunity. They hold the trouser front out slightly, letting it fall in a smooth front all the way past the crotch. Whether belted or worn with suspenders, the trousers should always be worn at the natural waist, where they can drape smoothly over the bottom of your stomach instead of squeezing it all upward. You don’t want the belly sagging down in front of the belt or trouser waist.
- Pleats: will help the pants widen slightly when you sit, adding a bit of comfort for men with large thighs and bottoms.
- Shirts: A good fit is crucial in avoiding either pinching and wrinkles (too small a shirt) or billows that add even more bulk (too loose a shirt). Find a brand that works for you or else have your shirts tailored. A wider collar spread works well for broad men, especially when the neck and face are broad as well.
- Jackets: Dark, single-breasted, and only slightly tapered are the keys to a good jacket for big men. A sharp taper at the waist is going to be hard to button and will stretch over the stomach. Just a hint of an inward bend right around the buttons is all that’s needed. The jacket gives the torso a frame, essentially putting it between two narrow lines, making it a worthwhile addition to almost any outfit.
- Neckties: Bow ties can be a good way to avoid a tie that drapes over the bulge of the stomach. If you’re not a fan of bow ties, then something decently wide and, more importantly, long enough to reach the belt will work.
Clothing To Avoid For Men With Oval Body Shape:
- Tight fits in the torso are a bad choice: and trying to squeeze into clothing that’s too tight is the worst choice of all — it does nothing but emphasize the body’s bulk, and it makes you look desperate besides.
- Patterns and visual clutter are a bad idea: as is anything that draws attention to the midsection. Work on outfits that guide the eye smoothly up the whole length of the body and focus attention on your face.
Body Shape #5 For Men – TRAPEZOID
An “average” build refers to what most designers use as the foundation of their designs.
In other words – Most off the rack clothing will fit you well – pending minor adjustments.
The waist is the narrowest point on an average man’s torso. The rib cage widens steadily up to the collarbone and shoulders, which are the broadest parts of the torso. This gives the body an overall trapezoidal shape with the shorter side at the bottom.
Clothing For Men With Trapezoid Body Shape:
Showcase your athletic body shape in slim and fitted clothes. Take advantage of sports-inspired modern looks.
- Trousers: Avoid baggy clothes. Find a brand with a close fit or have your trousers tailored. Stylistically, most colors and patterns should work just fine with your build. Cuffs and pleats are up to personal taste.
- Shirts: Vertical stripes will make you appear a little taller. Checks and plaids add horizontal bulk, so pick which one you need based on your height.
- Jackets: A blazer or suit jacket tapers your waist, making your stomach seem slimmer and your shoulders seem broader. Wear it buttoned with a single button at the waist for maximum effect.
- Neckties: Stick to a normal length (the tip should be right around your belt buckle) and a normal width (about 3 to 3 1/2?). Short, skinny, fat, or otherwise oddly-sized ties throw off the balance of your torso.
Clothing To Avoid For Men With Trapezoid Body Shape:
A perfectly paired ensemble is easily ruined by wearing clothes that don’t fit your body correctly. Any well-dressed man will tell you that the secret to comfortable and flattering style comes down to fit.
- An average build just needs clean lines and a good personal style to look sharp. The biggest no-nos are anything loose and saggy, and any outfits that are completely bland and generic-looking (unless you want to vanish easily in groups).
If you’re both average build and average height you could be in danger of blending in with crowds. Try to have a few distinct details in your outfit at all times. Just a colored pocket square in the jacket’s breast pocket goes a long way. A good watch and shoes have a similar effect. A little visual clutter is a good thing, as long as it leaves the basic shape of your body (and especially your torso) intact.
Your body type and shape should always take priority over fashion trends.
The post How To Dress For Your Body Type | Men’s Style In Relation To Body Shape | Dressing More Attractive appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: How To Dress For Your Body Type | Men’s Style In Relation To Body Shape | Dressing More Attractive
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-for-body-type/
Published Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:55:36 +0000
How to wear your watch correctly
As much as you won’t like hearing this, you’re probably wearing your watch wrong.
It’s not your fault; you may have never been taught how to wear a watch properly. After all, there is more than one way to wear a watch.
But how do you know which way is the right way?
Don’t worry, gents; as always, I’ve got you covered. I’m here with the best way to wear your favorite timepiece properly and look as stylish as ever.
In today’s article, I’ll be covering:
- Origins Of The Wrist Watch
- What Wrist Do You Wear A Watch On?
- Should You Wear Your Watch Facing Inward Or Outward?
- The Stylish Way To Wear A Watch
#1 Origins Of The Wrist Watch
When it comes to wearing a watch correctly, it’s important to note why the wristwatch came about in the first place.
Dating back to the 1800s, the first watches modified to be worn on the wrist were primarily worn by women as accessories. One of the earliest was created by Patek Philippe as a fashion accessory.
At the start of the 20th century, watchmakers became intrigued about using a wrist-worn timepiece for men in the military. They believed it would help them tell time quickly while on the battlefield.
Watchmakers started modifying pocket watches to fit on a bracelet worn on the wrist. Men would not wear the first iteration of the modern wristwatch until well into the 20th century.
Then developed as a ‘trench watch’ for military use, the earliest wrist watches offered something the pocket watch didn’t have – convenience.
After the wristwatch became less of a fashion accessory and more of a functional tool, watchmakers would spend the next century modifying them into the modern wristwatches we enjoy today.
#2 What Wrist Do You Wear A Watch On?
The age-old question: what wrist to wear a watch on? The answer – it depends.
The reason it depends is that since the creation of the wristwatch, men have mostly worn their watch on their non-dominant wrist. And since most people are right-handed, you would wear your watch on your left wrist.
But this isn’t always the correct answer. You may want to wear your watch on the right wrist if you are left-handed. But you may also want to wear it on your dominant hand.
So how do you know for sure?
The most significant benefit of wearing your watch on your non-dominant hand is that you can quickly put the watch on and navigate the dial more efficiently than with your non-dominant hand.
Wearing your watch on your non-dominant hand is less likely to damage the watch as you tend to do more with your dominant hand. If you were to wear it on your dominant hand, you’re more likely to scratch or ding the watch than on your non-dominant hand.
So the rule of thumb here is to wear your watch on your non-dominant hand for the best way to navigate and protect your watch.
#3 Should You Wear Your Watch Facing Inward Or Outward?
The next question is, why would a man wear his watch facing inward on his wrist instead of outward?
This trend is seen primarily in individuals who need to check their watch frequently and in the most efficient way possible. Among the many reasons you should wear a watch, one of the most common is to support you in your profession.
You will see men in the military do this, as it’s easier and prevents sun glare better than when it’s on the outside of the wrist. It also offers faster convenience to other tools on the watch in addition to the time.
Another reason you may want to wear your watch facing inward is that it can help protect your watch from scratches and dings. Again, this is just a preference.
But you’re a stylish guy looking for the best way to wear his watch. What should you do?
The answer here is to wear it facing outward, as that is the most common way to wear a wristwatch. It shows off your timepiece that you love while also still being functional.
Unless you’re in a profession where you need to check your watch quickly while managing other tasks, the best way is to have your watch facing outward. After all, you probably didn’t spend money on that beautiful timepiece to hide its character.
#4 The Stylish Way To Wear A Watch
Now it’s time to find out exactly how to wear a watch in the most stylish way a guy can.
Assuming you’ve selected the right size watch for your wrist, the first thing you want to do is figure out if you’ll be wearing your watch on your right or left wrist.
As mentioned above, traditionally, the watch is worn on your non-dominant wrist. So if you’re right-handed, this means wearing your watch on your left wrist. For left-handed guys, this means your right wrist.
After you figure that out, it’s quite easy. The first thing you want to do is locate your wrist bone.
You want to wear your watch face up just above your wrist bone. If done correctly, your watch should slightly peek out from under the cuffs of your shirt when wearing long sleeves.
Next, you want to tighten the strap so it’s loose enough to be comfortable. You don’t want it so loose it can spin freely around your wrist. You also don’t want it too tight, or it will feel uncomfortable, especially when you bend your wrist.
After doing this correctly, you’ll be wearing a watch in the most stylish way possible.
There you have it, gents.
Now you no longer have to worry about wearing your watch incorrectly.
There is more than one way to wear a watch, so find what’s most comfortable for you personally, and rock your favorite timepiece accordingly.
If you want to take your watch knowledge to the next level, check out this article I wrote about the difference between quartz and mechanical watches.
The post How To Wear A Watch The Right Way appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: How To Wear A Watch The Right Way
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/wear-watch-right-way/
Published Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:19:42 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Preparation (Buy Now and Get $$$)
We’ve all been there – fall comes around, and you open your closet only to find you have nothing but polos and shorts.
So what’s a stylish guy to do? Pay a premium to build an entire fall wardrobe last minute? Sure, if you’re loaded. But not every guy is that lucky!
Don’t worry; as ever, I’ve got you covered. In today’s article, I’ll show you how to get the best bang for your buck when building your fall capsule wardrobe.
We’ll be covering:
- What Are The Advantages Of A Capsule Wardrobe?
- How Do You Build A Fall Capsule Wardrobe?
- Where Can You Find Deals On Fall Clothing?
- What Are The Best Fall Capsule Wardrobe Essentials?
#1 What Are The Advantages Of A Capsule Wardrobe?
One of the most common headaches guys run into in their closet is having too many clothing options to choose from but not enough of the right options.
While more options aren’t bad, they can be overwhelming, especially when you rarely wear most items. This is where building a capsule wardrobe comes into play.
A capsule wardrobe is a limited selection of clothing items that complement each other. This means you can buy a smaller selection of items and create a larger number of outfits.
This is crucial to understand because most guys don’t have an unlimited budget for buying clothes. A capsule wardrobe allows you to purchase and use items frequently with little redundancy.
But where do you start in building your fall capsule wardrobe?
#2 How Do You Build A Fall Capsule Wardrobe?
After you have put together the perfect capsule wardrobe, you can start to add a few fall-specific items. This is done by adding a few staple pieces that complement what you already have.
For most, fall offers mild temperatures mixed with slightly warmer temperatures.
This means that layering will be of the utmost importance because you may leave the house needing a jacket, but it might be warm enough by midday to sport only the t-shirt underneath.
Start with the basics when building your fall capsule wardrobe and add pieces accordingly.
Keep It Simple
Fall is primetime for layering, so you only need a few outer layers and should focus more on the innermost layers.
You want to make sure that interchangeability is at the top of your list when it comes to your wardrobe. Everything should complement each other for ease of use.
With that said, having a few staples and adding additional items as you change seasons is essential.
For this reason, ensure you have the following items in your fall capsule wardrobe:
- A dark three-piece suit
- A light-colored tweed blazer
- A leather bomber or biker jacket
- An overcoat (dark or light)
- A formal button-up shirt (white)
- 2 casual button-up shirts (flannel or chambray, you choose)
- 2 sweaters (1 shawl, 1 crew neck)
- 2 t-shirts (1 white, 1 black,)
- 2 pairs of Jeans (1 dark, 1 light)
- 2 pairs of slacks/chinos (1 dark, 1 light)
- 2 belts (1 black, 1 brown)
- 1 pair of black dress shoes
- 1 pair of brown oxfords (leather or suede, you decide)
- 1 pair of sneakers (plain white or brown)
- 1 pair of military boots (black or brown)
When it comes to accessories like watches, scarves, or gloves, you can use what you have as most men won’t need all of them, so I won’t count them in.
#3 Where Can You Find Deals On Fall Clothing?
As it is the middle of summer, fall will be approaching quickly.
Now is a great time to snag up some of last year’s sale items at department stores as they usually have sales on previous season items. By now, most men aren’t thinking about what to wear in the fall.
While you still might be able to find good deals on last year’s fall items, it’s usually the most optimal time to purchase these items after the season has ended. This is when retailers try hard to clear space and make room for the next season’s clothing.
When they do this, it is a great time to get excellent deals on items that have just gone out of season.
Another great option to buy men’s clothing is online at your favorite retailers, as they will often have sales and discounts on items they have in their online inventory but are not yet in prime season.
The most expensive items in your fall capsule wardrobe are the ones you want to focus on, as you can often save a significant amount of money out of season for them.
These big ticket items include:
- Your dark three-piece suit and blazer
- Overcoats and jackets
- Dress shoes and sneakers
These items will be some of the most expensive items and can be found discounted out of season. Put these at the forefront of your fall capsule wardrobe search.
#4 What Are The Best Fall Capsule Wardrobe Essentials?
You want to adhere to a few staples when building your fall capsule wardrobe.
Since fall weather can vary, layering will be essential. These few items are crucial as mainstays that can be layered with other items within your wardrobe.
For example, if you experience a rather chilly day in fall and need to wear a suit, an overcoat is essential as that outermost layer because you can simply remove it when you no longer need it.
When it comes to the concept of layering within your fall capsule wardrobe, you want to make sure you nail these following items.
Having a good overcoat to complement your fall capsule wardrobe is crucial.
The overcoat acts as the outermost layer and will be removed whenever you go indoors. This makes for a great option as you can wear it with anything as it offers excellent versatility.
When searching for the perfect overcoat, it’s essential to know your size as they usually come in sizes of suit jackets, not regular sizing. After you’ve nailed the size, focus on color.
Dark-colored overcoats tend to be the most versatile. However, a light camel color can work as well. Stay away from patterns with overcoats as the goal is to be as versatile as possible.
A good leather jacket goes a long way. You can choose a leather biker jacket or a leather bomber; it’s your call.
Biker jackets can be slightly harder to pull off as most of the time, they will have a larger and more aggressive collar, but they still look great.
A leather bomber jacket is an excellent option because it looks great on all body types and often has more options than biker jackets.
For color, opt for black or dark brown, as that gives you the most versatility with other items in your fall capsule wardrobe.
Sweaters are to fall, what t-shirts are for summer. This means they are a critical piece as they are season specific and offer great versatility when it comes to layering.
So how do you find the perfect sweater?
You want options, so have a couple of different collar choices to give yourself the most bang for your buck.
Having a shawl neck sweater and a crew neck sweater ensures you have all your bases covered.
Make sure you choose neutral tones such as greys, creams, and tans for color. This ensures maximum versatility with other items within your wardrobe and gives you the most options.
That’s it, gents.
To learn more about how versatile this concept of capsule wardrobes can be, check out how I turned 16 pieces of clothing into 256 outfits.
The post Preparing Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe (Buy Now And Save $$$) appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
Title: Preparing Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe (Buy Now And Save $$$)
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/fall-capsule-wardrobe/
Published Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:59:00 +0000
The Best Zara Fragrances
We all know of Zara and I’m pretty sure the majority of us own at least one piece from them, but I’m not here to talk about their reasonably priced clothing, I’m here for their fragrance.
Not quite a hidden gem but I don’t feel that they vast range and high quality fragrance that they create is given enough air time, I’m about to change that. The fragrance game is massive at the moment, everyone from the big fashion houses all the way to footballers have a scent on the market and they all carry a hefty price tag, with some of the bigger hitters asking in excess of
£100 for 50ml.
Zara clearly understand the need for a great fragrance but also appreciate not everything has to be overly expensive. I’ve been lucky enough to sample my fair share over the years and wanted to share with you what I feel are some of their strongest.
Tobacco Collective 100ml – £16.99
This is one of my absolute favourites, it works perfectly as an everyday scent. The initial smell is strong and masculine but with undertones of vanilla bourbon help to soften it slightly.
For Him 100ml – £22.99
My current daily spray, its warm, modern and intense. It just so happens to be the perfect blend of three of my favourite scents, bergamot, cardamom and sandalwood. It’s strong yet light, never over powering and leaves a wonderful trail.
Florence 100ml – £16.24
Summer calls for a fresh fragrance and I cannot recommend this highly enough, its light, fresh and citrus scent is perfectly for those warmer days. Notes of black pepper, strawberry and guaiac wood allow this scent to sit gently on the skin with offending the noses of those around you.
Written by Tom Loughran
The post The Best Of Zara Fragrances first appeared on Mens Fashion Magazine.
Title: The Best Of Zara Fragrances
Sourced From: www.mensfashionmagazine.com/the-best-of-zara-fragrances
Published Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 09:57:00 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…
Fashion2 years ago
Steampunk Clothing & Jewelry
Trending Stories2 years ago
Dior Homme Cologne Men’s Fragrance Review
Sports2 years ago
Best Christmas Gift For Your Golfer Co-Worker
Fashion2 years ago
Best Timepieces To Buy For The Holiday Season
Fashion6 months ago
Julian Schneyder Relaxes with Man About Town
Motor2 years ago
2022 Infiniti QX55 Carigami Can Be Yours
Baller Awards9 months ago
Dave Chappelle’s camp releases statement after on-stage attack as he cooperates with police
Outdoors6 months ago
California Fishing Season. All You Have to Know