Somebody once said ‘Do not judge an outfit yet, until it is worn with shoes’, while that can be a valid although funny point, it serves as a perfect conjunction into our article today – ‘streetwear sneakers’!
Sneakers as a staple accessory of fashion are an undeniable elevator to any look. From Adidas to Reebok to Vans and to many more out there, these accessories to fashion have proven to be the perfect footwear for casual and even business casual events.
In modern times, influenced by the younger generation, we’ve seen that classic pieces can actually be paired with streetwear sneakers and still come off as super stylish. When looking to elevate looks, attention needs to be paid to the little details, in this regard, sneakers being paired with a classic piece, are that little detail, which you should definitely try out.
Now, the whole concept of styling streetwear sneakers with classic outfits shows the uniqueness and versatility of whoever pulls this off, and we shall be covering that in today’s article.
Styling Streetwear Sneakers #1: Finding the Right Sneakers
First off, pairing the right sneakers for a look (streetwear or classic) boils down to three major points;
- Colour: The colour of a sneaker is the first thing people notice before these other points. Even when you’re being described, you’re going to hear ‘Oh, he was putting on a black and white sneakers’. This goes to show that attention needs to be given to the colour of sneakers being worn in a fit. My advice is to go for the simple, neutral colours, as they say, the flair is in the simplicity. Do not try to do too much when choosing the right colour of sneakers, go with a white and black Converse if you can. If you want to add a bit of colour, choose from a variety of neutral/earthy tones to balance out the look.
- Design: Next is design, after noticing the colours of statement sneakers, the next thing people notice is what design you are wearing, so what you’re hearing is ‘Oh he was putting on black and white Adidas sneakers’ right? Now, when looking to get the best design for your sneakers, your major focus shouldn’t be on the popularity or brand influence of those sneakers. While that is a valid point, a more valid point to take note of is the quality, which leads us to our next point.
- Quality: The quality of sneakers matters, whether they are Converse or all-stars. Being able to maintain and sustain a footwear piece is a testament to proper maintenance and good quality. So when shopping for streetwear sneakers, you might want to pick out quality ones.
While we don’t share relatable opinions on what brand of sneakers are of good quality and with respect to your choice and preference, here are a few brands that make it up to the list when looking to shop for quality items. These brands have made their way to the top by giving customers a good run for their money.
- New Balance
- Reebok…and so many more
Classic Outfit Essentials
Below is a list of classic outfit essentials that go perfectly well with a pair of streetwear sneakers
- Tailored suits
- Dress shirts
When exploring streetwear sneakers and classic elements one has to take into consideration the fittings and proportion of the clothing. A well-fitted clothing equals a balanced and stylish look. Most of the time, a whopping 70 per cent of your worst looks are due to the irregular fit and shape of your body.
So when looking to mix streetwear and classic fabrics together, you really should stick to well-fitted fabrications just to stay safe.
Here are some styling tips and tricks to take note of when pairing streetwear with classics.
Styling Streetwear Sneakers #2: Balancing Act
Another key element to take note of in styling these alternative staples together is balance. When exploring two opposite but related pieces in fashion, one has to find the right balance so as not to look too overdressed. Briefly, let’s look at the several types of balance in styling:
- Symmetrical; This occurs when an outfit is evenly balanced on both sides. Usually, both halves of the outfit share similar patterns, colours and texture
- Asymmetrical: This is when an outfit is balanced but not in a mirrored way. This features a unique and different style approach to create interest and dynamism
- Radial balance: This basically means a balance that originates from a central point. It’s less common in everyday styling but can be seen in designs like mandala-inspired patterns or a circular skirt.
- Proportional balance: This occurs when proportions and sizes are being put into play when styling. For example, a loose fitted clothing shouldn’t be paired with another loose-fitting one, the latter should be fitted instead
Pay attention to the proportion of your statement sneakers in relation to your outfit. If your classic outfit has a streamlined silhouette, chunky sneakers might add an interesting contrast. Conversely, if your outfit is more relaxed, sleek and minimalistic sneakers can work well.
Styling Streetwear Sneakers #3: Mixing and Matching
For an elevated and stylish outlook, pairing sneakers with various classic clothing items is one to try out. Just by pairing sneakers with a classic outfit, you have already shown versatility and style, you know what would show off more style? mixing and matching your clothing items to compliment the sneakers.
- Wear a t-shirt as an inner layer to your suit: Now for those of us who love a good collared shirt every now and then, this is a bit of a stray away. You can decide to elevate your classic look by pairing a round neck tshirt alongside your blazers, this fit perfectly complements your sneakers
- Colours: Again, colours. When mixing and matching outfits to compliment your sneakers, it is important to take note of the colour combination involved. A monochromatic outlook will give a boldened silhouette to the whole look, whereas a splash of colour would offer the needed brightness to attract eyes to yourself. Either way, make sure the colours are relatable and are in no way different from your sneakers
Styling Streetwear Sneakers #4: Accessorizing
Accessories are overall enhancers to a look, so mixing and matching them for your sneakers totally elevates your game. Here are some accessory staples you should opt for when mixing and matching clothes with your sneakers.
- Headgear: you can never go wrong with a statement headpiece when pairing a sneaker with your outfit. A white baseball cap would automatically go with a white all-stars sneakers when paired together.
- Bags: There are quite a variety of bags that men can strap on stepping out on a formal fit. For streetwear style, especially when paired with a sneaker, maybe go for a casual bag to match the vibe of your footwear. A nice slingback or backstrap would be highly recommended.
- Statement pieces: Watches, eye-wear, hand and neck pieces, these little details are the elevators to your look, do not leave them unattended to
Styling Streetwear Sneakers #4: Outerwear as a Bridge
The role that outerwear plays in mainstream fashion can sometimes be underemphasized. First off, let’s get this clear, outerwear is those pieces that are layered over inner ensembles to create a structure and depth, or really just to look stylish. Examples of outerwear are jackets, suits, long coats and so much more.
In achieving a balanced look when pairing sneakers with classic outfits, one has to incorporate outerwear into styling such looks. So when styling your sneakers with that t-shirt or collared shirt, maybe throw over some denim jackets or overcoats.
Here are some ways outerwear can compliment your outfit.
- Texture and Material: The texture and material of your outerwear can provide contrast and depth to your outfit. For example, a leather jacket can add edge and contrast to a soft, flowy dress.
- Style Statement: Wearing outerwear automatically elevates your look and makes it a statement. There’s a clear difference between someone who wears a tshirt to someone who wears a jacket over that tshirt.
- Shape and Silhouette: Wearing outerwear can change the overall silhouette of your outfit. It also gives shape and structure to the fit. Wearing a long coat over a turtleneck or tshirt gives off a bold silhouette and is therefore perfect to pair with any sneaker of choice
Overall, styling sneakers with a classic look can be fun and trendy, you just need to find the perfect balance as this article has stated. Note that any fit paired with sneakers automatically transcends the look into either a business casual or casual look. This goes to say that sneakers shouldn’t be an option for formal and corporate occasions
The post Styling Streetwear Sneakers with Classic Outfits: Tips and Tricks appeared first on Real Men Real Style.
By: Antonio Centeno
Title: Styling Streetwear Sneakers with Classic Outfits: Tips and Tricks
Sourced From: www.realmenrealstyle.com/streetwear-sneakers/
Published Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:53:02 +0000